The liberal news media and even top democrats continue to minimize the seriousness of our border issues. They’ve repeatedly called it a “manufactured” crisis by President Trump and want to focus more on the welfare of the illegals flooding our country than our own American citizens.
President Trump has warned repeatedly that our border is being overwhelmed and these numbers released by Whitehouse.gov reveal the truth about what is happening at our southern border…
- United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) engaged in more than 100,000 border enforcement actions in March – the most for one month in more than a decade.
- Total enforcement actions were 516 percent higher than in March 2017.
- Border Patrol apprehensions for this fiscal year, through March, have exceeded the entire fiscal year totals for 2017, 2015, 2012, and 2011.
- Border Patrol apprehensions increased 38 percent from February to March.
- An unsustainable number of alien families and children are arriving at the border; these migrants cannot be promptly removed and require extensive care and resources.
- Sixty-four percent of all border enforcement actions in March were directed to unaccompanied alien children and family units.
- More than 75,000 migrants were apprehended or deemed inadmissible at the border in February, a disturbing upward trend from monthly totals late last year.
- The overwhelming surge of migrants has created a system-wide meltdown as resources and personnel at the border are being stretched completely beyond their capacity.
President Trump has not only visited the border to see the crisis for himself, but he also continues to take action to secure our border, protect American citizens, and keep those crossing illegally safe…
- President Trump has deployed troops to assist with the situation at the border and is fulfilling his promise to build the wall.
- The Department of Homeland Security has reassigned CBP officers from ports of entry to assist with the response.
- The Secretary of Homeland Security has directed immigration agencies to return the maximum possible number of aliens each day to Mexico to await immigration proceedings.
- Hundreds of aliens can now wait in Mexico while their immigration cases are adjudicated.
- The Administration secured the first-ever agreement with Northern Triangle countries to help stop caravans from flooding across our border and to combat human smuggling and trafficking.
Congress must act to fix our immigration system or the crisis will only continue to worsen…
- The broken immigration system is driving more and more unaccompanied alien children and families to make the dangerous trek to our border.
- In the past, illegal immigration across our southern border was primarily committed by single adult males from Mexico who could be quickly removed, but now most are families and minors from Central America.
- Currently, we cannot promptly return unaccompanied alien children who arrive at our border from countries other than Mexico and Canada.
- The Flores settlement agreement and subsequent court rulings have effectively forced the Government to release aliens traveling with a minor after approximately 20 days.
- Our asylum laws need to be tightened in order to prevent rampant abuse of the system while protecting legitimate asylum seekers.
The border crisis is REAL! It’s not a “manufactured” crisis as the democrats claim. Over border is being overwhelmed, and unless our immigration system changes, it will only get worse.
America welcomes those that “lawfully” enter our country. Those that do not follow our immigration laws should receive consequences for breaking the law not be rewarded by living in our country illegally.